<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Thursday, November 24, 2005

8:20 PM - Happy Thanksgiving from Iraq!!


Good day to all!!!! Sorry about the not posting I am in the middle of a new project that I just started. Basically a new site with a load of pictures, but it has nothing to do with me or this blog. but it does have to do with Iraq... I will give you more info on all of that later though (not in this post, sorry).

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!Well we had a thanksgiving service and I read "George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation" It ended up being a very nice service all in all. Many people told us it was the best thanksgiving service they had ever attented. That is a huge complament! After the service we all walked to the DFAC (dinning hall) and got our food to go and ate in the fellowship area together. Its nice to have a good realtionship with everyone you work with, it makes those moments well worth it. Of course shortly after all of that you always have that guy that just MUST play Christmas music. Well I guess its time for me to settle with the idea that there aren't any more holidays between now and Christmas so I will listen to it, reluctantly though. Oh and as we now refer to Christmas in the Chaplancy as the Holiday Season. So I will now refer to it as the Holiday Season as to not offend anyone. YEAH RIGHT... like I will ever be afraid of THAT!!! LOL

That has been the jist of my Thanksgiving! Oh just so you know because I am sure there are some out there that want to know what we ate over here for Thanksgiving, I had Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef ( I like my meat LOL) with Pumpkin Pie, some kinda rice shrimp salad thing that was awesome, yams, taters, rice pudding but as luck would have it there wasn't any of my Great Grandmas homemade jelly or noodles!!! But what can ya do? =)
Well much love to all and I will try to make more posts my other project is almost done, atleast 'till I get home to upload it all to the web. I would tell ya but someone out there may take my idea and run with it.
PEACE

Oh and by the way the very first Thanksgiving in 1789 was on the 26th of Nov which is my birthday!!!! 24 Saturday 24 Saturday 24 Saturday... LOL

Labels:


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates