<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Tuesday, October 04, 2005

12:58 AM - Rant Session...


Alright first I am just going to give an update on whats been going on then I will do a little rant about this Blog...

Nothing too much to be honest, Sunday was Sunday. My football team lost by 6 points!! The Kansas CityChiefs, its alright boys still love ya. But we aren't going to talk about the games of the past lets talk about the future winnings, there will be lots of 'em! Anyway... did a patriot detail the other day. Here is an account of one not the one I did but very little was different. It is very moving and I think it should be mandatory for everyone to do atleast one patriot detail while they are deployed. Not all of us see combat from day to day like the people that go outside the base and sometimes it escapes us just what is really going on here. While you are at home people just forget the realness behind everything in Iraq, its too far away and easily brushed to the side, sadly.
Anyway didn't play Texas Hold 'em on my day off today. I stayed up real late last night watching the game and talking to some people on the internet so I slept in and was late for the Texas Hold 'em oh well. Volunteered to help out at the hospital, they really need it sometimes. So I may or may not report on how that all goes. Oh and the picture is of some plane ( I am not a big plane person) that the Iraqis recieved from the Russinas (I know this because its a Russian model I heard) and we blasted it and put our own little remarks to everyone back home on it. We can't add anything to it anymore but... I still got my picture on it.

My rant...
If none of you have noticed I have a little square in the upper left hand corner of this blog. If you click on it, it will take you to a site called sitemeter. There you and I can see how many people have visited here and where they are from and what site took them to my blog. Its alot of fun to see people from all over the world looking at my site. I would have never thought about my blog being used in a newspaper article but it has and I will link you to that in a sec but first I found it used on another site. FirstCoffe on the Sep 30th edition was talking about soldiers/airmen and other military service members geting free phone calls while deployed. FirstCoffee brings up alot of good points, they reference my site when I was talking about care packages and what people could put in them. I sayed “I was talking to some of the chaplains about care packages. We have tooth brushes, toothpaste, shampoo, razors and all of that stuff. At this moment the only thing we can think of would (be) calling cards. I don’t think we can have too many calling cards!” Then they referenced another site where Chris Whong was talking about the phone companies screwing the soldiers with high rates.
Well now let me do my two cents here, FirstCoffee I understand the argument and you do have alot of good things to say and I believe you are all about helping the service members in Iraq and the rest of the AOR, than you. But we do get free phone calls. The way it works is we call our base operator and ask them to connect us to such and such base, Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard Active, Reserve or Guard. Doesn't matter and once they do that we ask that operator to connect us to such and such local phone number and its free. Granted we are only allowed to talk for 15-30 minutes but its free and there is no cost of making a contract with a phone company. Also that covers ALOT of land but like I said it has to be a local number so what if you have family not near any of those bases? AT&T offers super low cost calling cards to AAFES where military members can purchase them to call home. Again this helps because the govt. isn't shelling out buck'o bucks for a contract and spending the money where its really needed on the war! AT&T is making out like a bandit on these calling cards and still getting there name noticed by all these service members. Well... thats my two cents and I know you are looking out for us and thank you I would just like to see people with better equipment and go home safely rather than not shelling out 15-30 bucks for a calling card.
I was also mentioned in n AAFES article here it is. It is titled "What do Deployed Troops Want? Check their Blogs..."
Well 'till next time much love to all! And feel free to make a comment on the calling card thing I would love to hear other peoples side maybe we should have a contract to offer us free calls that aren't local or I may just be wrong...

Labels:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool plane.. now, find one and write on it.. Katt rawks! Hehe.. cause I do, ya know! :P

P/s Update, update...  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool plane.. now, find one and write on it.. Katt rawks! Hehe.. cause I do, ya know! :P

P/s Update, update...  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oppps.. sorry about that.. stupid quick fingers..  


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates