<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Thursday, October 13, 2005

9:38 AM - Comment


--- Da Dad said...

????expand and restate your last few sentences. I'm not sure I understand yoursears statement, and what's the grousing about????

October 12, 2005 9:25 PM



LOL Sears... I used to always say on this side of Sears, or their side of Sears etc etc, just some stupid thing I either heard or made up along time ago. The grousing (good word by the way) is all about me getting tired of all the bs! Soldiers come to OUR services and visit OUR chaplains because we listen to them, and try to help them out. They are always complaining that their chaplains are never there for them and the Army chaps out number us by...well enough! When I hear 2-3 army soldiers say the things they say are happening to them per week it gets old and no matter how many incentives you offer the Army recruits, people will not join if this is what civilians hear when the soldiers come back to tell their stories. Bottom line is treat them like they mean something and they will stay after awhile even 30K isn't appealing. BUT of course they have been here a while and most likely exaggerating what is going on just because they are pissed off to be here as long as they are. And there is always two sides to the story.
Well now if what you ment by "what's the grousing about???" is why not talk about something else? Well like I said I am bored which is good. I hear things and want to talk about what I think on what I hear if nothing new is to be reported. Sooo... ummm yeah thats that oh gotta love the art the Iraqis drew for one of their premere bases and the base where Iraqi Olympians trained, with this kinda art work surrounding me I can't help but laugh each time I see them!!
Well much luv to all,

Labels:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the only posting on the current page that doesn't have a comment.. let me fix that for you..

COMMENT!

There.. talk to ya later :P

Katt aka babydoll aka many other names you keep giving me  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

The difference between AF and Army chaplains is generally that the AF chaplain is assigned to a chapel while the Army chaplain is assigned to a unit. So perhaps the reason there are army guys coming to you is that you don't get outside the wire like the army guys. You say you are bored. Not my chaplain. He doesn't have time to get bored. Perhaps if you'd venture out to where the men are and quit sniveling in a nice relatively comfortable chapel you'd understand why some guys have to come to you. ANd then glandly provide ministry to them instead of whineing so much. I know my chaplain talks to AF guys all the time and loves it...because it's ministry regardless of who it's for.  


Blogger binarypunk said...

You are funny I like that LOL. Let me explain a few things to you Mr. Anonymous. You are technically right about the structure differences between the AF and USA Chaplaincy but unofficially AF Chaps are assigned to units and they go out and do just about everything with them when allowed.
Secondly I am a Chaplain Assistant not a Chaplain you would know that if you read any of my other postings!
Thirdly if the USA Chaps are doing there jobs then why are the Army guys coming to us, I have no problem with them coming to us but why are they never to be found and some of these USA Chaps DO NOT and WILL NOT go out side the wire with their unit. The AF Chaps are not allowed to go off base unless OK'ed by the Base Commander. I personally would like to see this change, but whatever! I still do not see your point when it comes to the Soldiers coming to us because we do not go out side the wire I would assume that they would go to their Chap to talk since he/she most likely saw most everything that they did and would understand it better than someone who doesn't go outside the wire.
Fourthly I say I am bored more as a conversation stopper. I am not bored by any means I just can't talk about everything I am doing and see. I do not just set up Mass ya know. The places we go to do the worship services are VERY Classified and there fore I just don't have a lot to talk about.
Fifthly for your info, I love talking to anyone that wants to talk no matter who they are and where they come from but when they tell me there Chaps are no where to be found and this isn't just one or two people then yes I have a problem! My AF Chaps don't mind talking to Soldiers and neither do I.
And Sixthly My biggest point behind all of this is more than the Chaps its the entire way the Army is treating their people! I live with two Army guys off base back home and hear things I can't imagine ANY other service doing to their own people if the low guys (E-5 - E-7, O-3 - O-5) Can't or won't do anything how can we expect the 3-4 stars to do anything? There are reasons why people are not re-upping or even considering the Army, look at the stats!! They didn't get enough new recruits once AGAIN! When are they going to start to change how they do things! Divorce is getting higher and higher, depression is getting higher and higher WHEN WILL THEY GET A CLUE!
But hey you know more than I do now don't ya...  


Blogger chappydew said...

Wow! It's great to finally catch up with all that's happening with you over there. Miss you in Alaska. Just got back from PT and have to get back to work. Been watching the Chiefs, too. Doesn't look like they're off to a good start this season. See ya'.  


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates