<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Wednesday, September 07, 2005

11:27 PM - Vince Vaughn


Well the USO is setting up times for everyone to meet Vince Vaughn from the wedding crashers today. Although I love this guy in one of the best films ever created, Swingers! I am going to head out and see if I can get his sig on my underwear. Then I will hang it up in the office and see what the chaplains say LOL. No really I have a poster thing I will see if he we sign. I have finally gotten around to do the calling people thing again, sometimes you are just too tired or working a bit much, sorry for those that I still haven't called. Called the mom, we went over our time limit but not by enough to get in trouble I think. That was fun and I know she never wants to get off of the phone, but don't worry be happy :-) Called the good 'ol roommates shortly there after. Good people ya know, hard to find good people it seems like these days :-(
Some times history gets brushed aside sadly. One of my chaplains and I were talking yesterday about 9-11, he is wanting to do some sort of memorial this weekend for 9-11. Another one of the chaplians was talking about how the Chaplain Service is shying away from any and all of that. I think its a sad day when we begin to forget things that really changed the course of history. We would never forget the Civil War or either of the World Wars. We have holidays for Martin Luther King, Memorial day, Labor day and of course the 4th of July, and we have people that are wanting to forget about 9-11 because of the amount of people that are still hurting from it. Weather you believe we are in Iraq for oil or to stop terrorism you should NEVER forget 9-11! The chaplain brought up a good point though we do not have a special day for Pearl Harbor and why not, really!!??
Well tomorrow I should go out and some visiting with my chaplain to see some of the troops. I will post how all of that goes, should be interesting and well... I don't we will see, huh?
'Till next time
"Eat a peach a day for peace, I eat two" Allman Brothers

Labels:


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates