<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Friday, September 09, 2005

4:04 AM - Pictures!

So on the way here something happened to my digital camera! It won't even turn on, so I finally went and got a digital camera at the BX/PX. I think I got ripped off I could have found a better camera for the same price back home but then again look where I am at. So finally I will do a little picture for the day kinda thing.
So yesterday I met Vince Vaughn and got his sig and asked the person behind me if they could take a picture with their camera and just email it to me. They said they would and now I am just waiting for them to do that I will post it once I get it. I hope it turned out alright....ummm what else? The culture difference I think I am finally getting used to here, everything in Arabic from the soda pop to something written on all of the walls. We have sooo many people from all over the world working here either international military or people cooking our food at the chow halls and doing the laundry. It makes me feel weird having people cooking and doing my laundry no matter how nice it is to have it done for us and making it one less thing to worry about. The only thing I can think of by letting the Iraqi people do all of that for us is that it helps to jump start their economy. More people employed, more people getting paid, more people spending money sounds like something you would hear in econ101.
Visited with some of the troops that do the convys. They really have it hard! They see some not so fun stuff. But what can you do? There are people here that want us dead and there are people here that would die to keep us here. We have a thing called the Patriot Detail that I am planning to volunteer for. Basically its for our fallen men and women, we stand in formation and they carry the caskets onto a C-130 a moving ceremony from what I undestand. NO PICTURES though, but how could you argue with that? Planning on going to the hospital sometime in the near future to see how everyone there is doing.
Oh and I have only had 2 packs of smokes since I have been here!! For those that don't know my smoking habits, that is good! I could kill a pack to a pack and a half in one day.
And thank you Katt for making a comment down below just noticed it :-( sorry. But I promise to post as often as I can while I am here.

Labels:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

A list of some items that you would like to see in a care package, and what others there would like for Christmas would help alot.

Glad to hear you got to meet Vince.. I'm so jealous..

Katt  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

A list of some items that you would like to see in a care package, and what others there would like for Christmas would help alot.

Glad to hear you got to meet Vince.. I'm so jealous..

Katt  


Anonymous The Dad said...

I've read your "bullloggs" as you call them to your Mom. Yeah, she can read, but falls asleep while doing so, and trys to blow up the computater in the process!!! She enjoyed them very much. I'll probably read others to her as you post them. May not make comments each time, but will email, at least.
Love and Pride, Dad  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work on cutting down on the cigs. We wantyou around longer than your Grandpa Wann. Don't marry a chain smoking woman (not sure how to smoke chains). Love you very much. Mom's trying to cut down and thinking about quitting. Love Mommy  


Blogger JAWS said...

First of all the Patriot Detail is a good thing to do. I have been part of them many times but as part of the C-130 Crew. It does hurt to see all of the people coming on the airplane with no physical life left. I have only been nagging at you for how long to quit smoking. Take it from me if you can keep your will power up and not pick up another you will feel 100 times better than you do. As you can see Grandpa wann died from them and now I am having problems because of smoking. Get away from them. Your loving brother Jeff.  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to the family and me! Smoking is bad.. AND it is icky.. stinks and stuffs.. BLAH! Way to go with cutting back :)

Katt  


Blogger Cash Advance Man said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about herbal nicotine patches. It pretty much covers herbal nicotine patches and other similar topics available.  


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates