<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Saturday, September 10, 2005

5:17 PM - My Chaplain and I (Care Packages)


Here is a pic of Ch McDaniel and I right in front of our chapel entrance. Hand to Hand Combat... What a way to put it, I love it! We work with the Maintance and Ops side of the base really. The two together is alot of people and ground to cover! Today we went to the tower which was alot of fun. From up there we could see where some of the older attacks had landed, where we dropped some of the bombs on our way in here. Very cool! Yesterday was a nice cool day, I think it was around 104 or so... Nice drop in the weather :-)
Thanks everyone that has left comments on here I think its great because then everyone that leaves one can read others and so on and so on.
I was talking to some of the chaplains about care packages. We have tooth brushes, tooth paste, shampoo, razors and all of that stuff. At this moment the only thing we can think of would be calling cards. I don't think we can have too many calling cards! ummm...non-melting candy (bottle caps are my favorite!!!), disposable cameras maybe they are kinda cheap and not everyone brought a camera here. I know the chapel would like some more books that people can check out from our little book check-out section. We have the entire Left Behind Series so we really don't need those :-) Any book from and about any religion is good it doesn't have to be about a christian sect. Anything to spruce up the rooms. Gift certificates to Subway, Pizza Hut, Burger King if you have access to an AAFES a gift Certifacte from there would be good also.
So I think the best things really would be the calling cards and the Gift Certifactes.
Thanks for the interest. Tomorrow I am going to go to the Ammo Dump which will be alot of fun I think. I will see what kinda pics I can take tomorrow and upload them... so 'till next time.

Labels:


Anonymous Lauren said...

Hey Lowell,
That's so cool that you have a blog now. This is Lauren from church. Hope everything's okay. :-)  


Blogger binarypunk said...

Lauren!! And how have you been? Don't know who gave you this but glad you found it! Stay in touch!  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't write anything stupid, but your Mommy wants to know if you and your chaplain are incognito with the blacked-out faces? You look cool though, really. She wants to see your beautiful brown eyes and your cute little baby face.  


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with the mom.. I want to see the babyface and brown eyes :)  


Blogger JAWS said...

where is your flackvest and your ID card armband? Yeah take the hats off!  


Blogger binarypunk said...

We wear the vest when the big bad is around and the armband my blind big brother is on the left arm (the non-salute arm) under my rank. Now what, punk!!  


Blogger emily said...

I really liked the info on your site about Calling Cards - nice work. I've just started my own Calling Cards Secrets blog and would really appreciate you stopping by  


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates