<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15661511\x26blogName\x3dThe+Wann\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thewann.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d5848265137786614361', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
The Wann

TheWann formely known as the Airman in Iraq blog, since I am no longer in Iraq I decided to make this still for family and friends, with a wider stretch of thoughts for anyone else. 

Donate to the poor airman:
Monday, September 12, 2005

10:22 PM - First day off


Well today was my first day off, YIPPIE!! I didn't do everything I wanted to unforuntaly. I slept in 'till 1000. That was nice! Played at a Texas Hold 'em tourney. Lost! First one out at my table! Its ok I played good though. I got busted on two bluffs almost out bluffed them both times and then I went all in with 3 Jacks! Me and one other player and this cat had a full house!! 2 jacks and 3 10s!!!! Boy was I pissed. but thats alright I will get him next week LOL. Then I went to the gym for a bit and watched Phone Booth with my supervisor. Killer movie!!! soon after that went with all the enlisted to watch Black Water at the main theater, that movie sucked and isn't even worth watching on Fox in another 5 years! But that was today.
Oh and yesterday I broke my PSP (Play Station Portable)!!! Thats something someone can send in a care package :-) Only kidding cost too much. Its pretty bad when 90 degrees seems too cold to wear shorts! In AK ppl freak out over 80 degrees LOL. We used to drive around in 80 degree weather just so we could have AC on. But with gas prices now a days I doubt many people are doing that. Speaking of the terrible gas prices I was planning on having a road trip on my way to the next base after I left AK in the June time frame but if they stay this high I don't know what we are going to do. But we are still going to put the money to the side and see what happens. We may rent an RV instead of buying one that we can trash. We will have to take better care of it but that may even be outta the question if its 3 bucks a gallon. And hey if you are wanting to be a part of the road trip email me and I will give you more info we are looking for about 5-6 all together so about another 2-3 people would be keen.
The pic on the side is of me the night before I took off. It was liek 3-4 AM after hanging with the crew. If the send me a group foto which I am sure we have, I will post it if they wanted me to. But as you can tell I was a bit tired and I will post another pic of me so everyone can see my killer smile killer smile and killer eyes LOL. Thanks mom and the person in secret who liked them, LOL. Well going out to do some more visiting tomorrow, should be fun! Hopefull y we will see the Predator! That would be just too awesome!! Oh on Sunday went visiting with one of the chaplains and we went to one of the hangers and you could actually see the hole where we droped bombs inside. I would have hated to be inside at that moment! But it is patched now. Just thought I would say that before I signed off. And one last thing before I take off, if anyone wants to send and Kansas City Chiefs stuff since I am missing most of their games here that would rock!! Flags, blankets, games, whatever...just some food for thought LOL.

Labels:


Blogger JAWS said...

I figured I would send you a big care package for all the stuff you sent me all the times I was stuck over there! Yeah, That's right you didn't send me anything!!! I can't really send you any KC Cheifs stuff but I can get you some Dallas cowgirl I mean Dallas Cowboys stuff if you want it! Although the Cheifs looked really good on there first game! We will see this sunday how they do! They play the sunday night game so you should be able to pick it up on the AFN. I would love to go on a road trip but I think we have way too many things on my plate right now to just up and go when you want to do it! We will see how things go in Little Rock. I know that message probably wasn't meant for me but I answered it anyway! Keep your head down! Jeff  


Post a Comment



Rate me on Eatonweb Portal Blog Directory
bad enh so so good excellent

© binarypunk 2005 - Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates